TextMaker Mobile for Android
The only Android word processor that displays documents like they look in Windows
If you wish to do writing on your Android device, you will find the perfect partner in TextMaker Mobile. It opens all .doc and .docx files from Microsoft Word 6.0 up to 2010, shows them exactly like they look on your PC, and saves your changes in the original file format, without dropping formatting or content.
But that's not all. TextMaker Mobile is packed with features that no other Android word processor offers:
- An on-the-fly spell checker checks your documents while you are typing and immediately marks your typos – not only in English, but also in 16 more languages!
- Business professionals will love the Track changes and comments functions that are as convenient as in Microsoft Word on your PC.
- You can add graphics and photos not only from the built-in camera and the photo gallery, but also directly from graphics file – in 14 different graphics file formats!
- TextMaker Mobile lets you directly access documents that you have stored in Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, or Microsoft SkyDrive.
- The built-in PDF export function lets you create PDF files that can be viewed and printed on any computer.
Imagine that: Finally there is a word processor for Android that opens and saves your Word files seamlessly and displays them on your mobile device just like Microsoft Word does on your PC.
SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android runs on smartphones and tablets with Android 2.2 or higher and an ARM-compatible CPU.
You may use this software on up to three Android devices that are owned by you or family members of your household.
- Edit and save all .doc files from Microsoft Word 6.0 up to 2010 seamlessly, without losing formatting or content
- Edit and save all .docx and .docm files from Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010 seamlessly, without losing formatting or content
- Password-protected .doc, .docx, and .docm files may also be opened and saved.
- Open, edit, and save many other document types (OpenDocument, OpenOffice, LibreOffice, RTF, HTML, plain-text files, Pocket Word, etc.)
- Convert documents to a different format (for example, save an opened .docx file in RTF format)
- Export to PDF directly from within the word processor
- Load and save documents in Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and Microsoft SkyDrive
- Send documents by e-mail directly from TextMaker Mobile in any of its file formats (PDF, DOC, DOCX, HTML, etc.)
- A huge range of character formatting options: bold, italic, underlined, doubly underlined, font and size, text and background color, subscript and superscript, small caps, and all caps
- Displays any font, be it TrueType, OpenType, or Postscript
- Flexible paragraph formatting: left and right indent, first-line indent, paragraph alignment, line spacing, space above/below paragraph, hyphenation, tabs
- Increase and decrease indents
- Paragraph alignment: left-aligned, right-aligned, centered, fully justified
- Bulleted and numbered lists
- Display and apply paragraph styles
- Easily create and format tables
- Insert and edit footnotes and endnotes
- Page setup: Paper type and size, portrait and landscape orientation, page margins
- Insert page breaks
- Pictures and photos may not only be inserted from the built-in camera or the image gallery, but also directly from graphics files – in 14 different picture file formats!
- View documents in print view or draft mode
- Horizontal and vertical ruler
- View documents at arbitrary magnification
- Multi-level undo and redo
- Search and replace with many options
- "Go to" command
- Show and change document properties (author, keywords, subject, etc.)
- 12 types of document statistics (keystrokes, characters, words, sentences, etc.)
- Review documents with tracked changes and comments as conveniently as with Microsoft Word
- Insert date and time
- Insert and go to bookmarks
Automatic formatting functions
The following automatic formatting functions may be switched on or off separately:
- Automatically format URLs as hyperlinks
- Superscript ordinal numbers
- Capitalize the first letter of each sentence
- Correct first TWo UPpercase LEtters
- Add or remove spaces when pasting
- Apply character formatting to whole words
- Multi-language spell checking while you are typing
- Spell-checking dictionaries in 17 languages: English (UK), English (United States), German (reformed spelling), German (old spelling), Swiss German (reformed spelling), Swiss German (old spelling), French (France), French (Canada), Italian, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, and Dutch
- In multilingual documents, single phrases and even words can be marked as belonging to a certain language.
- Automatic hyphenation in 33 languages