Textmaker for Zaurus Linux PDA

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
dh

Post by dh »

martin-k wrote: If you want to participate in the beta program, send me a private mail.
How's that for great service :D I saw your post on PPC Thoughts and already sent you an email. It will be a big boost for Sharp if companies like Softmaker start producing Zaurus apps.
David
Yz

Post by Yz »

martin-k wrote:We are in fact working on TextMaker for Zaurus right now. It's not quite beta yet, but we are closing in on that.

If you want to participate in the beta program, send me a private mail.
Okay, I'm kicking myself for not checking this forum as often as I used to. I started this thread (as a guest), and I couldnt be happier that this program is finally coming to the Z. I will definitely be contacting you to get in on the beta program!!

Thanks a million!!! 8)
Yz
padishah_emperor

Post by padishah_emperor »

COUNT ME IN! 8)
mls64

Post by mls64 »

While the Zaurus is a fantastic device, it is lacking in a couple of apps which would certainly make it the most useful portable available. A full-functioning well-thought-out PIM suite which would reliably import/export/sync with Outlook is sorely needed (Ko/Pi has promise, but syncing is an issue), as well as a more complete and compatible Word processing app. I wouild gladly purchase for these! I would also be interested in Beta testing on my new C860. Please keep up the progress on TextMaker - the Zaurus community will hopefully respond with our wallets.
nathanwms

Post by nathanwms »

I'm setting my money aside right now. :lol:

I hope PlanMaker is soon to follow.
Nathan
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

Don't forget to apply for the beta test program starting in a few days. You only have to send a private mail to martin-k:
http://www.softmaker.com/forum/privmsg. ... e=post&u=5
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

anonuk

Post by anonuk »

i sent a private message for the beta, great to hear you are supporting the sharp zaurus - a fully featured wordprocessor is one of the few apps I would defintely pay for on the zaurus..
charlesa

Post by charlesa »

I'll add my name to the chorus here, plus also wish for planmaker for the zaurus as well. A good wordprocessor/spreadsheet combo will definately be worth the money... 8)
palmsolo

Post by palmsolo »

I own TextMaker for my Pocket PC and Handheld PC and just picked up a C760 device. I can't wait to see TextMaker on this platform because I think it is a great device that fits between the two others I have and it needs a powerful word processing application.
w14

Post by w14 »

Is there any update on this? I emailed Martin-k a week or so about the beta programme, but had no reply. I assume that option is now closed.

Any news on when this might be available? The beta version is getting good comments on the Zaurus User Group forums from those who have tried it already ...

Mike.

Return to “Water Cooler”